In order for the authorities to complete your visa application in time please lodge your application as early as possible, however, no earlier than a month before the event, i.e. June 2017.
We strongly recommend that you contact the embassy or outsourcing office, where you wish to lodge your application in good time. Due to safety reasons, unannounced appearances are not possible.
Visa applications should be lodged no later than 10th June, 2017 if visa is to be obtained in time.
However, in several cases, citizens of certain countries or those holding certain passports do not require a visa. This list includes:
- Foreigners in direct airside transit
- Citizens holding a diplomatic passport (for a limited amount of time of 3 months), from Brazil, Iran, Cuba, Germany, South Africa, SAR (Special Administrative Region of Hong Kong).
- Foreigners holding an official passport for the African Union, Regional Economic Communities in Africa, or United Nations and its special agencies (the World Bank, African Development Bank, IMF, WFP).
- ECOWAS Citizens (for special cases): African citizens from any of the 14 African countries that form the Economic Community of West African States are not asked for visas for short stays in Ghana.
- Citizens of Commonwealth East and Southern African countries (Malawi, Lesotho, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Uganda, Swaziland, Botswana).
- Citizens of the following countries: Kenya, Malaysia, Singapore, Egypt, Trinidad and Tobago
Requirements for visa-on- arrival
The protocol unit of the local organizers will avail to support delegates/participants to process their visas before boarding their flights to avoid unexpected restrictions or difficulties upon entering the flight. Protocol support will be in the form of;
- Acquiring visa for participants who may need visa on arrival from home country.
- Acquiring the vaccination cards (yellow card) for participants before arriving in Ghana.
The processing fee for visa on arrival is $170 and $50 dollars for vaccination card (yellow card).
Applicants who will need visa on arrival should apply through the following address: www.africaopendata.net or email directly to AODC SECRETARIAT at email: email@example.com with the following information:
- Bio-Data Page of applicant passport
- Date of Arrival
- Place of Stay
- Length of Stay
- Copy of flight Ticket if available
If you wish to request for a host letter we recommend that you send us an email : firstname.lastname@example.org